We are looking for: Director of Research and Development
Position Identification: 1004
Location: Chicago, IL
Director of Research & Development
We are working exclusively with a $300MM industry-leading ingredient firm that specializes in developing, manufacturing and selling sweeteners to retail, foodservice, wholesale and private-lable accounts. The Director of Research and Development will have the ability to:
– Define, develop and lead the strategic innovation programs to deliver sustainable profit growth.
– Manage the process and activities associated with the development and launch of new products.
– Apply knowledge to ingredient selection, process challenges, and product formats.
– Develop products that deliver expected level of quality.
– Collaborate with cross-functional teams to bring concepts to commercialization.
– Seek out unique product formats that advance product portfolio and stretch brands.
– Develop the skill set and careers of direct reports.
– At least 10 experience in the food industry with emphasis on product development, managing projects and direct reports essential
– Previous high intensity sweetener and or flavors industry experience preferred
– Experience in dealing with IP type products/processes and the protection of IP in development.
– Exemplary interpersonal skills with ability to influence at senior levels within the organization
– First class presentation skills (written & verbal)
– Strong analytical skills – ability to interpret complex data and distil into useful and actionable information
– Ability to explain complex technical issues/solutions to a non-technical audience
– Self-starter, self-motivating – able to deal with uncertainty and complexity
– Ability to understand the business needs of the company and apply them in making human resource decisions
If you meet these requirements and are interested, please apply here:
Click here to apply online
Food and Beverage